Re: Complete graphical boot for Fedora

On or about 2005-10-19 09:10, Rex Dieter pulled out a trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

Gangaraju wrote:

AFTER SELECTING AT GRUB MENU ,FIRST THE TEXT MESSAGES LIKE

title fedora (2.6.9-fedora)
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-fedora ro root=LABEL=/1 rhgb quiet
initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.9-fedora.img
Uncompressing the kernel

Initialising hardware storage network audio

THEN GRAPHICAL BOOT(X SERVER) STARTS , ALL TEXT MESSAGES ARE HIDDEN
AND ONLY A IMAGE WITH PROGRESS BAR IS SHOWN.

BUT I WANT TO BUILD MY KERNEL AS WHEN SELECTING AT GRUB MENU IT SHOULD
NOT SHOW ANY KIND OF TEXT MESSAGES,BUT ONLY GRAPHICAL IMAGE WITH
PROGRESS BAR

AFAIK, there is no way to disable those initial "Uncompressing kernel..." messages, even when using the graphical boot option (rhgb)

-- Rex

Well, even though I admit I haven't looked, surely the sources for grub have something like "print(...." statements in them that can be removed. I wouldn't think it would be terribly tough to edit and re-make grub, but maybe I should look at it first....

--
Fritz Whittington -- TI Alum -- http://www.tialumni.org
"What I hear, I forget. What I see, I remember. And what I do, I understand." --Chinese Proverb