Re: Good DVD Player

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:27:06 +0100, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> On Friday 14 October 2005 6:19 pm, Paul Smith wrote:
>> On 10/14/05, Ollie Roberts <badger.blue@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I need to find some good DVD playing software for FC4. Any ideas?
>>
>> There are so many! Have a look at:
>>
>> * Kaffeine
>> * Totem
>> * Mplayer
>>
>> Paul
>
> Can anyone tell me where I can get Xine  or mplayer.  They're not in the
> default FC4 repositories as yum can't find them
> --
> Gary Stainburn
>
> This email does not contain private or confidential material as it
> may be snooped on by interested government parties for unknown
> and undisclosed purposes - Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, 2000

Put the following:

[livna]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://rpm.livna.org/RPM-LIVNA-GPG-KEY

in a file called livna.repo and put that file in /etc/yum.repos.d/

Then do

yum install mplayer xine

It will magically install them (from livna), AND all their dependencies.