Re: TV load question.- number 2

akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 06:44:17AM -0700, Craig White wrote:
On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 08:34 -0500, akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Someone decided to have TV channels delivered to people on campus
through the internet to be viewed on computer screens.
In Windows this seems to be pretty automatic. The web site opens and
loads plugins for the mp4 and mp2 TV signals.

Now my mystery is how to do this in Linux. Any advice out there?
----
do you have mplayer installed?

on my FC-3 system (at means Axel Thimm's repo)

# rpm -qa|grep mplayer
mplayer-1.0-36_pre5.rhfc3.at
mplayer-fonts-1.0-6.at
mplayer-skins-1.0-pre3_12.at
mplayer-skin-mini-0.1-11.1.at
mplayerplug-in-3.05-1.1.fc3.rf

Craig
Ok, lets ask another question. How do you tell firefox to accept mp2 and
mp4 extensions as video/mpeg filesr? I have never figured out how to
change the plugin information in firefox. I changed this isn
/etc/mime.types but that does not do any good.
That is what the mplayerplug-in is for. When Firefox sees the mp2 or 4 or wmv or whatever mplayerplug-in will call mplayer to play it for you.

Scott