kprinter produces X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3

Hi,

when trying to print with kprinter, it gives me
[user@machine ~]# X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  7
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x3a00007
after some seconds.
I send this printing job to a cups server, running on a different debian machine

I`ve got this problem with only ONE of my Fedora Core 3 machines
Printing from another FC3 machine with the same package version installed (in this case kdebase-3.4.2-0.fc3.3) works fine.
BTW: Is it normal, that binaries from the same rpm have different md5sums on different machines ?
(I tried with /usr/bin/kwrite /usr/bin/kprinter /usr/bin/vim)
Though the vmlinuz images in the /boot dir on both machines show the same md5sum

I also tried reinstalling the kdebase rpm (rpm -Fhv kdebase-3.4.2-0.fc3.3.....)

I also tried restarting the cups server on the debian machine.

I tried searching the web and this list, but I could find any solution.
My best guess is, that kprinter is the cause of this problem, but I`m not really sure.

Anyone has ANY hints, suggestions, solutions to this ?
TIA

Cheers,
/dev/loop