Re: American Date in Thunderbird

spmirowski wrote:

On Friday 14 October 2005 02:25, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> The Thunderbird mail client defaults to the mm/dd/yyyy date format. I > need to replace that with dd/mm/yyyy. I found the answer is to change
> LC_TIME to my local setting (he_IL). But where is that stored? I
> tried:
> /etc/profile
> ~/profile
> ~/.profile
> ~/.bash_profile
> ~/.bashrc
>
> and several others that turned up in searches. But none of them have
> this setting. Where is it located in Fedora Core 4? Thank you.
>
> Dotan Cohen
> IE-Only.com

In that
thread, I was informed that Tbird only considers the gnome settings,
so fixing the KDE settings was not affecting it.
Dotan
http://technology-sleuth.com/index.php

So then, How do I change Gnome to use YYYY/MM/DD?
In Windows I always change to ISO standard, now that I noticed that US is default that is bugging me.

Stephen

Perhaps these will help.  May need some experimentation:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Date_display_format
http://www.colinseymour.co.uk/archives/2005/08/31/thunderbird-date-format/

I think setting export LC_TIME=en_DK before running Thunderbird would get you roughly what you want. At lease, it worked for me.

/--R/