Re: can't set 60hz v refresh rate

Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
On 10/14/05, sean <seandarcy2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I hand edited xorg.conf so that the monitor section has

VertRefresh   60

Set both VertRefresh and HorizSync to match your monitor's spec.  For example:

  Section "Monitor"
          Identifier      "Monitor1"
          VendorName      "Dell"
          ModelName       "1704FPVt"
          HorizSync       30-81
          VertRefresh     56-76
          Option          "DPMS"
  EndSection

X will figure out what the refresh rate should be.

Yes. That's the problem. It's choosing 75hz, while i want 60. And yes, of course, I have the horizsync set. In any event, in your conf it doesn't matter because dpms is set.

X is choosing the *wrong* refresh rate. How do I specify it?

sean