Re: American Date in Thunderbird

--On Friday, October 14, 2005 9:25 AM +0000 Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Thunderbird mail client defaults to the mm/dd/yyyy date format. I
need to replace that with dd/mm/yyyy. I found the answer is to change
LC_TIME to my local setting (he_IL). But where is that stored? I
tried:
/etc/profile
~/profile
~/.profile
~/.bash_profile
~/.bashrc

and several others that turned up in searches. But none of them have
this setting. Where is it located in Fedora Core 4? Thank you.

Alas, I don't know the answer to that question.

Have you considered ISO 8601, though? I hate the ambiguity of both of the above formats, plus, they don't sort properly. I much prefer yyyymmdd, with or without punctuation.

<http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/datefmt.htm>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO8601>