Can't login

Hi

I'd thought I'd ask the experts about this problem. Basically I have a testing server that has kerberos enabled. I've just pulled out the network cable and tried to login as the root user but the server won't log me in.

The only way to get in is to reboot into single user mode.

I thought kerberos would failover to the /etc/passwd entries if the krb server is not available. Is there any way for me to login without rebooting? or is there something I should place in the krb5.conf file to allow local password matching to occur for root.

While the network cable is in everything works fine.

Thanks for your help

Dan