gd library not installed - why ?

Hi Sir

  I've installed all web server/php/mysql packages on 32-bit FC4, all
works fine, except that the phpinfo() fonction says the gd library is
not installed.

  It seems the gd library has not been installed at compile time.

  I installed all those packages as root with the rpms tool from the
menu.

  Is it possible to install the gd extension, without having to compile
Apache from scratch ?

  Thank you very much for your help.

  Jean Francois Ortolo