video camera - usb capture help

Hello,

I have two different usb video camera that I need to get the video off of. Both are Sony DV camera's. One has DV output but I don't have IEEE input. :(

The one camera is detected by the usb buss but isn't mounted and no device is created. I have searched for some info but no joy as of yet.

As I am under a time line, I have to resort to Windows download which I don't want to have to do in the future.

From what I have found, I have to get the camera recognized as a web camera but I don't know how to start to make a device in FC4. All details I have found are related to 2.4 kernels.

Links are appreciated. Even ones that get me started in the correct direction.
--
Robin Laing