Re: Unknown network activity every 5 minutes

McGuffey, David wrote:

> Where is network activity logged?  If it isn't currently being logged, what
> actions do I take to log this kind of activity?  What process might be doing
> this?

Grab the traffic with tcpdump.  tcpdump on its own will capture the
traffic type, where it came from and where it was trying to get to...

tcpdump -s0 -X

will show you the contents of the packets too.

Also

netstat -putn

will show what connections your box has going at the time you run it,
and the name of process owning the connection.

-Andy