Re: No C# compiler found??

Hi,

> I'm trying to compile a Mono application on Fedora Core 4. The
> configure step fails as follows:
>
> checking for gconftool-2... /usr/bin/gconftool-2
> Using config source xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults for schema
> installation
> Using $(sysconfdir)/gconf/schemas as install directory for schema
> files
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for csc... no
> checking for mcs... no
> configure: error: No C# compiler found

Dead easy. Grab the sources from svn, run the autogen.sh script, type
make get-monolite-latest and then make. Job done. If it still moans, get
hold of the installer, run it (ensure you specify the base of where you
want to install it - for example /usr or /usr/local) as su and then
make.

Have a look at http://www.all-the-johnsons.co.uk/mono/ for quite a lot
of info and a really nice source grabber.

TTFN

Paul
(*still* wondering at RHs "double standards" of accepting Java into
their life [with all the patent problems that can throw up] yet
rejecting Mono [with it's associated patent problems])
--
"Duirt me leat go raibh me breoite." - T.M.