Re: Should i be worried about this?

Søren Neigaard wrote:
Whenever i use find, i get this message (find works fine though):

find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /proc: this may be a bug in your filesystem driver. Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option. Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have been searched.

Should i be afraid, and what can i do about it?

This is almost becoming an FAQ.

As I understand it:

The "directory" /proc is a kludge. There is no real file system
there. The "files" present in that part of the tree are really
just easy ways for ordinary user programs to get at some information
which the kernel knows about the processor. Apparently, there is
a defect in the code which fakes this directory structure (maybe
someone else can provide more details), and which causes find to
be a problem you should worry about.

In this case, it is not a worry. It is a minor, known defect
in a little corner of the kernel.

You might just browse around in those "files". The numeric
directories are information about the processes with the
corresponding process ids.

For example, on my machine I just did this:

$ ps
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
 6022 pts/3    00:00:00 bash
 6085 pts/3    00:00:03 xcdroast