Re: wma help [script added]

Josh Coffman wrote:
I could really use some help converting WMA files to
another format. I bought some songs from walmart.com,
but they are WMA's. I just want to make an audio cd
for my wife.

I found long time ago a perl-script to convert .wma via .wav to .mp3 (using lame). It was written by a guy called Seraphyn, and there was not more info in the source-code, but I still use it with some adaptations. But I do not know the URL anymore where I got it from.

The script is attached, edit it, change it that the files will not be transferred into .mp3s or the .wavs will not be deleted. And: you will need mplayer for that.

It works great, I use it for years now if I want to transfer a .wma to .wav or .mp3. Yeah, and I re-translated comments into english (my native language is german).

Regards,
Markus Huber