Re: LVM problem <SOLVED>

Scot L. Harris wrote:
On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 13:54, Robin Laing wrote:

200Gb just isn't enough. I just put in 300 gb and going to add teh old 100G to the LVG to allow for videos and music and data files to be stored.

I was unsure about LVG as I could just mount drives in subdirectories. It was the fact that LVG would allow this to be done transparently is the selling point to me.

I have calculated that I would need about 1TB to do what I want. I am looking at RAID arrays.

Just note that the more drives you add to a logical volume the more
likely it is that that volume will have a failure.  If the data is
critical make sure you have backups or that you are using raid.

I currently have one file system that is 1TB is size running across four
drives.

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol02        1018G  483G  536G  48% /video

I accept the fact that if one of the drives fail I will lose data.

This makes an interesting point.

I am using mirrored drives now as volumes. md0 and md1. If one drive fails, I wonder how this will be handled.

This is so much fun.

--
Robin Laing