Re: wma help

Josh Coffman wrote:

--- Andy Green <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Josh Coffman wrote:

I could really use some help converting WMA files

another format. I bought some songs from

walmart.com,

but they are WMA's. I just want to make an audio

cd

for my wife.

Can you play the WMAs in mplayer, or are they DRM'd
up the wazoo?  If
you can play them in mplayer, you can use -ao pcm to
get the output
spooled into ./audiodump.wav, and that will go into
k3b to create the CD.

If they are DRM'd... I guess that's a sign from
$DEITY not to give
walmart your money and encourage this nonsense.

-Andy

--

Got an audio cd burned. Stupid DRM stuff... I had to
play the file in Windows Media Player, which then

Annoying. Hopefully I can either convert them now to
ogg or rip from the audio cd.

[rant]
Take a lesson from this and watch what you purchase. DRM'd media is a pain and it will get worse if people keep paying for it.
[/rant]

If I am about to try a new download site, I will get one file and see if it works without a hassle. If it does, then I will get others. If not, then an email to support to delete account info and confirmation that it has been deleted.

Of course most music I get via newsgroups or eMule. If I like it I will purchase the DRM free CD if possible and then rip a decent copy of the song(s).
--
Robin Laing