Re: device venting

Craig White wrote:
I have October issue of Linux Journal on my desk and title article is...

Plug it in and it Works

OK - nice thinking.

I got Treo 650 today - can't sync with jpilot or pilot-xfer (not gonna
even waste my time with gpilotd until I can get pilot-xfer working).

So I'm thinking, ok - bluetooth - go out and purchase bluetooth adaptor.

Yum install ...
# rpm -qa|grep bluez
bluez-utils-2.10-2
bluez-libs-2.10-2
bluez-pin-0.23-3
bluez-hcidump-1.11-1
bluez-bluefw-1.0-6

can't get it to accept default password 'BlueZ'

I'm heading to bed.

Older data is on Palm Desktop on Windows. Tomorrow I'm gonna sync with
that because I can't get it done on FC-3

Just wondering - is it Linux stuff that doesn't work or is it just
Fedora?

yes, I'm venting my frustration - ftr...

# uname -rmp
2.6.10-1.770_FC3 i686 athlon

bugzilla pretty much tells me that FC-4 holds no hope for improvement

Craig

I do understand your frustration. I purchased a new laptop and according to the specs, it had IDE drives which are really no problem in Linux. I also use SATA drives with no problem. The issue with the laptop is they use SATA drives but the BIOS only lists them as IDE drives and thus screws up Linux for DMA access. It is known and it is a headache.

Now if manufacturers would support Linux out of the box (much better than ATI does) it would be nice. My SATA card came with Linux drivers. My desktop motherboard has down loadable Linux drivers. Now to check on the support for the laptop.

--
Robin Laing