High availability mail server options

For my company, I've setup a mail/groupware environment that uses
Postfix, OpenLDAP, Postgres, Apache, etc and am now looking at ways to
make it a more redundant arrangement.  All of the components have
methods to help me with the lone exception of the backend mail storage
for the end users.  Ultimately, I am wanting to have systems at
different geographic locations, not even on the same network, ideally
with users able to access any of them at anytime and be able to do their
thing.  The users mail storage is in Maildir format which seems like it
will help any replication type scenario.   I can't just NFS mount the
mail directories, because then my NFS server becomes my single point of
failure.  Do things like GFS work to handle this?  If so, do they
operate across slow links (not talking dial-up here, but general
Internet cable/DSL type links)

If it helps, our total mail volume is not that tremendous so completely
instantaneous replication isn't totally necessary, but I would want
fairly quick convergence (say 30 minutes or less).

--
David Hollis <dhollis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>