[FC4] [VIM] Problem with color syntax and other under root

Hi,

I have a problem with color syntaxing not working under vim only with the
root user.
Autoindent/smartindent is also not working under root only

.vimrc of both root and normal user :

set nocompatible
set bs=2
set expandtab
syntax on
set tabstop=2
set autoindent
set smartindent
set shiftwidth=2
set ruler
set showmatch
set encoding=latin9
set fileencodings=latin9

TERM=linux for both

With the user : color syntax and indent is working
With root : color syntax and indent is not working

What is strange is that my 2 chars tab is working under root...

I'm running FC4 i386 updated.

[root@tux ~]# rpm -qa "vim*"
vim-minimal-6.3.086-0.fc4
vim-enhanced-6.3.086-0.fc4
vim-common-6.3.086-0.fc4

Using "strace vim" under root shows that vim reads the .vimrc without
problem.

Any idea about this problem ?

Constantin Charissis
DATASWIFT