Re: persian script name for folder in vfat partition

Am Sa, den 01.10.2005 schrieb sadid um 21:40:

> I have you have enough time to read this e-mail:
> I am one of your FC4 users and use FC4 inside windows XP (I am biginner
> in linux)

Welcome!

> my native language is Persian(./Kurdish) and I have a problem with
> Persian name of files in vaft partitions that i mounted those with this
> code in fstab file:_*
> /dev/hdb1 /mnt/C vfat noouto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0

Should be "noauto" (guess you didn't do copy&paste).

> *_when I try to creat a folder or file with Persian script recieve this
> message:
>
> /_The item can not be renamed
> _/
> /_sorry, couldn't rename the ...
> *Note:*_/in ext3 partitions i havn't this problem and creat folder with
> persian name easier and more beutiful than XP (with select suitable font)

For mounting vfat partitions mount knows a option "iocharset" (see man
mount). The default is iso8859-1 and you will have to set that to your
charset.

Alexander

Serendipity 22:40:06 up 2 days, 7:36, load average: 0.26, 0.23, 0.19