Re: Printer share problems on FC4

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 05:44, Shamim Haider wrote:
> I have installed FC4 ,BUT HAVING PROBLEMS CONFIGURING PRINTERS, I am not
> able to see all the windows network, only some are visible when I try to
> configure share for printer , no share is visible ( the network printer
> which I want to configure is on windows2003 server (and its also not
> visible .

If you are trying to use samba to share that printer with linux systems
I would recommend you set that printer up and share it using lpd
instead.  Under Windows 2000 and I suspect under Windows 2003 you can
add this service under the advanced tab.

I found sharing windows printers with linux/unix systems much easier and
reliable than using samba.