Re: Issues using a USB mouse with X/Gnome?

I've had weird problems with my Logitech mouse too, with Windoze as well. Maybe you could try moving the receiver closer to where you mouse is, this solved some problems for me. One thing I've noticed is that my mouse stops working after a soft reboot. I have to hit the reset button or turn the PC off then start again for the mouse to work. This happens with Windoze and Linux, so dunno what the problem is, BIOS maybe???
Ian

Philip Prindeville wrote:

I'm using FC3, with a Logitech Wireless Comfort Duo keyboard/mouse
combination, through an IOGear IGS1734 VGA/USB KVM.

The issue is the following.  When I move the mouse, do an up/down
mouse click, and then move the mouse, sometimes X (or Gnome)
gets a little confused and thinks I'm doing a drag-and-drop (as if it
saw the down-move-up events instead of down-up-move events
coming from the mouse).

Is this a common problem?  Is there a simple fix like tweaking a
threshold, etc. that I could make that would eliminate this occasional
but irritating problem?

Thanks,

-Philip