Re: postfix with tls support newbie question

Am Fr, den 30.09.2005 schrieb Steven J Lamb um 18:41:

I have an up and running a fedora core 4, postfix, amavis-new, spamassassin, dbmail server up and running and I am trying to figure out how to get my tls certs working. however my error file tells me that tls was not compiled into
postfix is there a version of postfix with tls installed in it in yum
somewhere. or is there an easy way to compile it without interrupting my
current settings.

Steven Lamb

Fedora's Postfix is compiled with TLS support.

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/rpms/postfix/FC-4/postfix.spec?rev=1.29&view=markup

Your problem must be different. How did you create your own certificate
/ key pair?

Alexander

i created my key pair useing openssl. and am useing them on two other boxes that have been previously installed by another person. i installed them by setting these lines in my main.cf and sftping my files to the new machine. i am also useing my hosts file on my client box to fake the ip for my address. setting pop3.domain.com as the address of my new server, and trying to pop with the cert name (pop3.domain.com)

here is my main.cf  lines that i added

smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.pem
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/cacert.pem
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 2
smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
smtpd_use_tls = yes

here is my errors that i keep getting

Sep 30 08:00:40 ws3 postfix/smtpd[2374]: warning: TLS has been selected, but TLS support is not compiled in

if there is anything else that could help diagnose the problem let me know

Thanks
Steven Lamb

Serendipity 20:27:07 up 1 day, 5:23, load average: 0.26, 0.27, 0.19

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alexander Dalloz" <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx>