Re: FC4 NTPD problem

jdow wrote:
> Keith, you should be utterly ashamed of yourself for that advise.
> The accuracy of rdate is generally extremely poor compared to the
> accuracy of a properly ntpd.

I'll grant the second sentence. I think the first is a bit harsh.

ntpd should be accurate to well within a second. rdate could be a few
seconds out.

But for many purposes, "a few seconds" is all you need.

Normally, it's much better to fix ntpd to work well. But if the Original
Poster needs a quick and dirty fix, an rdate in cron will give that...

James.

--
E-mail address: james | You shouldn't worry, insanity of the right kind is
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | really rather pleasant, as my good friend Colin the