Re: Grub doesn't install

Well, you wouldn't adam and eve it. After writing that last email I got to thinking about LVM and how I had no idea what it was and didn't specify it anywhere. It was also the only thing that survived the many reformats of the partitions. So I deleted it all and repartitioned with "normal" partitions. And Voila! FC4 installed with absolutely no problem, installed grub, everything. It all works! Hallelujah!
Thanks so much for all your help and advice, much appreciated.
Ian