Re: yppasswd error on Nis Master

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 05:20:08PM +0200, Tiziana Manfroni wrote:
> I have a NIS Master host on fedora 4.
> On Nis Master a user can't change password because has an error :
> "yppasswdd not running on NIS master host" (but yppasswdd is up and running)
>
> but user cans use yppasswd from Nis Slave or Nis Client.
> The user root cans always do everywhere.
> On fedora 2 I dont' have this problem.
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> 	Tiziana
First , lets ask what are your users doing on the NIS master machine.
They should be banned from the master. Now second, do you have
ypbind running on the master machine. If you don't I don't think
yppasswd can work. But I vaguely remember not being able to do
yppasswd on the master but I am  not 100% sure.

"Bite off, dirtball."
Richard Sexton, richard@xxxxxxxxxxx
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science