Re: upgrading spamassassin

I have a Fedora core 2 server running spamassassin 2.6. I attempted to
install 3.x, but I am getting many missing deps. I did a yum update, but
it says my version is up to date. Is it possible to install 3.0 without
too much trouble?

How Raymond

I would guess that the yum repositories you're looking at don't have the later versions.

I found the latest source from Apache compiled into rpm's no worries and installed just fine. if you follow the instructions here http://spamassassin.apache.org/downloads.cgi?update=200506061100

and do rpm -Uvh and put all the rpm's it creates into one upgrade it installs fine. Works a treat too I'm sure you'll notice a difference.

Bryan