Re: Fubar'd grub installing Debian Sarge

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Niemi" <drn_temp2@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 7:32 AM
Subject: Fubar'd grub installing Debian Sarge

I tried installing debian to a second hard drive, not letting it touch my FC4 install except when it came to grub install, I let it modify the grub installation (silly me) that took me a while to get going right in FC4! Now I get an error 17, and am trying to setup grub again using Knoppix 4 DVD, so far so good, gonna test it shortly.

The point of this message: I installed debian to the second Hd (/dev/hdd1, I've also 2 SCSI RAID 0 disks which in FC are 1 & 2 = md0), should I mark the partition that I installed debian to as active / bootable as this partition contains the Debian /boot ? I didn't split up the install to numerous partitions, just one for simplicity (Ya Right).

Well, got grub fixed and to boot debian the rootnoverify(hd1,0) wouldn't work and had to copy over the root, kernel, and init statements from the debian install. I kept getting error 13 messages from grub with the rootnoverify method, possibly I need to do a grub-install onto the hd?

Finding the the Fedora Anaconda installer is VERY NICE in comparison to debian, not very intuitive at all.