Re: ATI propriety driver: no 3D

Strong wrote:
soon from rpm.livna.org. Maybe those work better for you.

Is is an official site to take rpms from? - I would not to get in a
situation again when i downloaded an rpm, having been used expensive
traffic, and then it refused to work on my FC4 - because that site was
not official or whatever!

In my opinion, no repository other than the fedora.redhat.com are official. You use them as a tool and a convenience. Some can screw you up severely and lead to problems working with other repositories, but that is another thread.

If you are concerned about using other repositories, then contact ATI about their lack of true support for Linux. I feel it would be a waste of time as I went down that route and purchased a nVidia card.

From comments on this list, the livna site is great for their rpms for video drivers. I have not used them yet. Would I trust them? For the ATI drivers, yes. Of course, I won't purchase anything with ATI video anymore.

--
Robin Laing