Re: verizon.net and hiedelberg fedora

I tripped something that let me connect to the Internet for a while (yes I use Verizon.net). I went through all network settings I could play with. But when I rebooted, I again had no connection to the Internet. [using FC4, not connecting to the internet.]

Jude DaShiell wrote:

the version of roaring penguin pppoe needs updating since you can't get out onto the internet with the version on the iso. Maybe others have had this problem too or may be about to have it. The clue is to run adsl-setup and see if it asks you for the identity of your internet service provider. It won't on the fedora I have running on my other machine and it won't get out onto the internet afterwards either. The version slackware 10.1 uses can get out onto the internet so that package needs checking and updating.