Re: LANG system environment variable

Mark wrote:
> So, if I understand you correctly, I would be better off leaving the
> system the way it is and change the database data to UTF-8?

You *may* be. Not knowing that much about MySQL, I can't recommend much
there: only that sticking with ISO8859-1 may also cause problems.

It's your site, it's your choice. Free Software is about choice. You
should just be aware that there may be problems inherent in some of
those choices.

There will certainly be some work involved with going UTF-8: it may be
that you don't need to do that work.

And my sigmonster's been reading what I've been writing again...

James.

--
Home: james           | "A remote is a *great* thing. It lets you be in charge.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | It gives you control. Even if it's just for something