Re: Some services fail to start after upgrade to FC3

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 10:38 -0500, St�ane Bruno wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just upgraded to FC3 from FC1. Now three services fail to start at
> boot up : portmap, logger and httpd. Here are the messages I receive:
>
> syslogd
> Starting system logger: syslogd: error while loading shared libraries:
> libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
>
> portmap:
> Starting portmap: portmap: error while loading shared libraries:
> libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
>
> httpd :
> Starting httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries:
> libpcre.so.0: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
>
> can anyone help me?

Since these are all services that are protected by SELinux, perhaps the
SELinux contexts were never properly written.  Couple of choices:

1) Add "enforcing=0" to the kernel line in grub (which puts SELinux in
permissive mode)
2) "touch /.autorelabel" and reboot (which rewrites the contexts on your
system)

You may also want to check to see what packages were installed on your
system.  Hopefully you only have selinux-policy-targeted installed and
not selinux-policy-strict, but the first one should resolve it in either
case....

Let us know if that helps,

--Rob