Re: (no subject)

> I have just managed to install fedora core 4 on through a text
> instalation but the problem persists and when I try to boot fedora it
> hungs on the on the first graphical interface (Video Card: Quadro FX
> 1400).  Is there a solution to the
> problem?

Please don't post HTML to the list.

When you boot up, press any key to stop the count down.  When you see the
boot menu showing the choices of kernels to boot, select one and type the
letter "a" to edit the kernel line.  Delete the "rhgb quiet" entries and
add "3" to boot to runlevel 3 (no graphical boot).  Hit enter to boot the
machine.  Once the machine is up, log in as root and run
"system-config-display --reconfig" to set up your video.

Thomas