From: Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: grub.conf emptied, and now i get kernel panic?
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 06:57:08 -0400

David Colomer wrote:

Kahn Seidl wrote:

Somehow my grub.conf is emptied.  But, what I did is put it back in the
best I could from what someone else posted.

title fc3
 root (hd0,2)
 kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667 ro root=LABLE=/dev/hda2 rhgb quiet
 initrd  /initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img

Now when it boots I get a kernel panic and errors abotu mounting...
here is the list of errors

Should the LABLE be LABEL instead? Or should the LABLE be removed entirely because /dev/hda2 is the device name and not a LABEL?

title fc3
 root (hd0,2)
 kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
 initrd  /initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img

OR:

title fc3
 root (hd0,2)
 kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667 ro root=/dev/hda2 rhgb quiet
 initrd  /initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img

Either version might work vs. the above version.

Jim

--
If God hadn't wanted you to be paranoid, He wouldn't have given you such
a vivid imagination.