multiload-applet and disk usage...

I have two identical machines and I mean identical (same MB, disks, display cards, etc.) both with up-to-date FC4 installations. I have the system monitor applet running on both, but only one machine show harddisk usage in the applet. The other is always empty.

How does this applet obtain disk usage for its readout. Why would one machine be able to get data while the other does not?

Thank you for any insight...

--
.   __o    Brian "la lumaca"
 _`\<,_