Re: Archiving Data Permanently

Joel Jaeggli:

>> What computer media from 20 years ago (1985) can you still read?

Mike McCarty:

> Can't read paper tape/punch any more, but I can read...

I think that the old paper punch cards are about the only technology
that lends itself to you building something to read them long after the
original readers start working.  The operating principle's so simple
that you could build a slow speed rig, or create some optical
recognition software using ordinary flatbed scanners, if you were
seriously motivated.  The latter being easy to test non-destructively.

I read messages from the public lists.