Re: Starting mysql and sendmail

On 8/24/05, Todd Nine <todd.nine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  3. Mailing.  I'm not sure about FC4, but FC2 comes ready to work out of the
> box.  Make sure that you're sending mail through your localhost machine.
> Otherwise it won't send mail since relaying is disabled.  You want to keep
> it this way unless you're really sure what you're doing, otherwise people
> can use your server and bandwidth to spam.  Also, before you modify
> anything, call your ISP and make sure they don't block port 25.  It took me
> 2 weeks to realize I had a perfect Qmail setup, but SBC blocks port 25 on
> all DSL lines unless you request it unblocked.  This is again to reduce
> spamming.

Thanks, Todd. I'm going to put a lot of what you suggested to work. I
just called my ISP and, no, port 25 is not blocked. How can I check
that I am sending mail through my localhost machine? In Kmail I smtp
into the server, so I hope that is not what you meant.

I need to set it up so that it will send mail only from this local
machine, so that I will not become a spam-acquaintance. I thought that
google would send me to loads of info on this, but so far I remain
stuck.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/72/bjork.php
Bjork Song Lyrics