Re: Problems Installing FC4 iso on Windows

Parag Warudkar wrote:
> Sometimes it takes time for the CD drive to spin up and meanwhile the BIOS
> assumes there is no cd and proceeds to next device in the boot order. If your
> BIOS provides option for disabling the boot devices (Mine does - Shift+1) try
> disabling all devices other than the CD Drive from the boot order. In my case
> the BIOS then tries repeatedly to boot from CD Drive which succeeds after a
> while.

Tell me about it.

I found on my old machine that if I inserted a CD-RW at the right point
of the bootup sequence, then when the BIOS tried looking for bootable
media, the CD drive would still be spinning. The drive would then be
able to provide the bootsector in time for the BIOS to use it...

James.

--
E-mail address: james | ... in our completely unscientific usability study,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | it took our subjects less than 10 seconds to locate