Re: OT: Online H/W Vendors

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 11:12 am, Mike McMullen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've had a few bad experiences with TigerDirect recently and I'm looking
> for replacement online h/w vendors. Our small company buys a combination
> of inexpensive systems, barebones packages, monitors and components.
>
> I'd be very interested in hearing who other people are using.

I do this a lot. newegg is not bad, as others have mentioned. My current
favorite is mwave.com - they have a lot of refurb and closeout stuff I check
on all the time - some pretty incredible deals sometimes - recently I picked
up a couple of Shuttle MB's with 865 chipsets, 5 PCI slots, AGP, multi USB
headers, IEEE1394 headers, SATA and SATA RAID built in and more, for $25/ea.
advanced2000.com is a local supplier in the Washington, DC area that's also
got some amazing deals on occasion - I've never been burned by them in over 7
years - they've got a barebones on their frontpage today for $79!

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA