Re: what to do after crash?

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 04:55:04AM +0200, L A wrote:
> Hi,
> My computer has crashed last day. Now I can't open the
> file in wich I was working. I can't also open
> thunderbird. It told me that my profile is already
> open. (in other distributions we need juste to make
> empty a file namefile.lock, in fedora ???).
> I can't also rename or delete the directory which
> contain the concerned file.
>
> I know that it's impossible to rescue the damaged file
> but tell me please what must I do to rename the
> directory which contain it and to be able to use
> thunderbird.
> Thank you very much.
> PS: I'm using FC3
As root you should be able to run: rm -r <directory name>
to remove the directory.
If for some reason the permissions on the directory are too
restrictive for removal you can change the permissions using the chmod
command and then do the : rm -r

"The identical is equal to itself, since it is different."
		-- Franco Spisani
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University