Re: FC2 Upgrade to RHEL 4?

James Wilkinson wrote:

Mike McCarty wrote:
Is it reasonable to go from FC2 to RHEL 4?

Is it reasonable to expect being able to upgrade as opposed to
backup/install clean/reload?

I think everyone's been answering your second question (correctly: no,
it's not reasonable).

Doing a fresh install will be supported, and the Best Way to do it. And
it shouldn't be too involved.
Yep. The RHEL installer supports only upgrades from other RHEL releases.

You could trick it into upgrading from FC, though; I think it's just a matter of installing the redhat-release package from RHEL over fedora-release before booting the installer. I don't necessarily recommend doing this, though...

- Toralf