Rehashing My File Permissions Understanding(or lack of it)

Hi All,

upon saving a OOWriter file to /home/nfsshare and giving it 775 permissions, I expected to be able to open it from another app being run as another user, when that user is a member of nfsshare group. Was I wrong to even assume this.? The file owner is nfsshare. What am I not understanding.? Cheers.

Mark Sargent