Re: FC4 Raid 10 Adaptec 7902

Jim Rice writes:

This from SuperMicro:

http://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/OS/E7520Compatibility.cfm

So, I can have Redhat 8 or 9 but not Fedora Core 4?

Yup. That's because you get a binary-only kernel module that's only built for those specific kernels.

Surely there must be support for the HostRaid AIC 7902.
Dell supports the 7920.

More than likely for only specific version of Red Hat, because they also give you a binary-only kernel module that's only built for specific kernel versions only.

Does anyone have an installer I can borrow?

Unless you run a supported kernel version, the installer will do squat for you.

What's the point of having a dual channel scsi raid controller at 320 MB/sec if you turn it off and use software raid?

There is no point. Go bitch at Adaptec until they release FOSS drivers for their Hostraid cards.