Re: Pointing yum to a CD

Mark Sargent wrote:
I know this will probably be a simple thing, but, google gave me nothing concrete on how to do this...just wanna install OpenOffice from the install CDs onto an install that I don't want touching the net just yet...I 1st thought the install wouldn't need OO, hence me not installing at the initial install..cheers.

This is probably one of the rare occasions where system-config-packages will probably work better than yum. Give it a try.

Paul.