Re: Bugs in new kernels

taso wrote:

> If you like life right on the bleeding egde it is helpful to everyone if
> you submit bug reports - the sooner they are documented and investigated
> the sooner they get fixed.

It's absurd to describe Fedora-4 as "bleeding edge".

I have quite a lot of sympathy with the OP
(though he could have described his problem more precisely).
Whoever is responsible for new Fedora kernels
tries to do far too much,
adding entirely unnecessary "improvements" to grub.conf .

It would be much better if he/she just installed the kernel
in the standard way with "make install",
and left it as an extra option for grub.

Actually, I don't understand why people find the Fedora kernels
so attractive.
They are rarely any improvement on the standard kernels
from http://www.kernel.org .

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366