Re: Gott in Himmel! Firefox speaks German!

Tony Nelson wrote:

Did you just install the Google Toolbar?  Try quitting Firefox and
restarting it, or removing Google Toolbar.  (In case the other suggestions
don't work.)

I have also found Firefox 1.0.6. opens speaking a non-English language, perhaps CZ, but I'm not sure. Definitely not German. I believe the problem is due to an extension, or the addition / removal of extensions, but I haven't narrowed this down.

Solution, especially if you don't speak the language in question:

Type "about:config" in the URL box.
Type "locale" as the filter. Check each value.

"general.useragent.locale" - en-US or en-GB etc.
"intl.locale.matchOS" - true
"general.useragent.contentlocale" - chrome://navigator-region/locale/region.properties

I've had success just toggling "intl.locale.matchOS" from true to false to true and restarting.

Sean Carlos

http://www.antezeta.com/