Re: Error while installing rawhide on a Pseries

Joy Latten wrote:

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 01:43 +0200, Thomas Springer wrote:
=== Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:38:26 -0500
=== Joy Latten <latten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I copied the boot.iso from latest development/ppc/image/pseries and used it to start an installation via http or ftp on a pseries (squadron). I received the error below. I am not sure
I understand why anaconda is complaining. The directory I entered for
installing was /pub/fedora/linux/core/development/ppc/.

Running anaconda, the Fedora Core system installer - please wait...
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 28, in ?
   import sys, os
ImportError: No module named os
install exited abnormally
sending termination signals...done
sending kill signals...done
disabling swap...
unmounting filesystems...
       /mnt/runtime done
       disabling /dev/loop0
       /proc done
       /dev/pts done
       /sys done
       /tmp/ramfs done
       /selinux done
you may safely reboot your system

Regards,
Joy Latten
Look here

/core/development/ppc/images/pseries/

Hopefully this helps.I can't do much else for you, dunno
what anaconda is complaining about.

Thomas

Sorry, in my prior email I did not list the full pathname of where I
copied my boot.iso. I copied it
from /core/development/ppc/images/pseries, which is what I think you are
suggesting. At first I wondered if it was complaining about wanting an "os"
directory because I noticed that fedora core 4's path is /core/4/ppc/os,
but I am just guessing.

Regards,
Joy

Development is installed from the arc directory like /pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/ - Of course you will have to choose a mirror that carries ppc.

Jim