Re: ClamAV and Sendmail on FC4

Somphol Boonjing wrote:

This may not directly answer your question because I have never tried
integrating Sendmail + ClamAV manually.   I usually use MailScanner
www.mailscanner.info/.   Not sure if it will suit your purpose.

clamav is definitely included in either base or extras repository. With plain FC4, you can do

# yum install clamav

Not sure whether MailScanner is in those repositories, but downloading
and compiling the source is not that difficult.

--Somphol.

Well, after playing around for a while (with versions from Redhat and Crash-Hat), I've finally gotten ClamAV (from Redhat) to work with sendmail, but I'm not really happy with the solution. As it is, I have to manually edit sendmail.cf and add in the InputMailFilter settings. It seems that the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER macro for sendmail.mc is not working correctly. Here is part of my sendmail.mc:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clamav', `S=local:/var/run/clamav-milter/clamav.sock, F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
    define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `clamav')dnl

Now from what I've figured out so far, the 'define...' line puts something like this into sendmail.cf:

    O InputMailFilter=clamav

And from what I've gathered from scowering through a bunch of websites, the 'INPUT_MAIL_FILTER...' line should output this right after the line above:

    Xclamav, S=local:/var/run/clamav-milter/clamav.sock, F=, T=S:4m;R:4m

...but it doesn't. This is the part I'm not happy about. If I ever make a change to sendmail.mc and recompile sendmail.cf, I'm going to have to go in and add this line again. Could somebody point out why this is not working as it is expected to?

Thanks,
Justin