Re: Samba and XP SP2 no love

Information for Huge Designs wrote:
Hi All,

I am having ALOT of trouble getting samba working a FC4 system I admin.

I have 10 XP SP2 clients all trying to log into the server. If I go to map
network drive I type the shares in like say \\apollo.local\common the
server returns a request for a user name and password but even if I put
the correct password in, it just pops back with user name and password.

Under local security on the xp machines make sure to enable "Send unencrypted passwords to third party SMB servers"