Re: Setting up MTA

Am Do, den 18.08.2005 schrieb Jonathan Allen um 14:15:

> > You need to install the sendmail-cf package, read the configuration
> > README and edit /etc/mail/sendmail.mc with your favourite editor.
>
> Thank you for that.  Where is the README file hidden ?

Install the sendmail-doc rpm Fedora ships. You then find it under the
common dir /usr/share/doc/sendmail/.

> > Having said that, the default configuration works out of the box for
> > many people.
>
> What would I have to insert in the snedmail.mc file to allow relaying
> only from the machines in the internal network: 192.168.1.* ?

You really should read the documentation before shooting quickly. This
is because you will have to understand how relaying works and how you
prevent the world from relaying through your MTA. The proper place to
make adjustments like the one you want is the access_db:

http://www.sendmail.org/m4/anti_spam.html

Besides that you have to unbind Sendmail from localhost only. Have a
close look at /etc/mail/sendmail.mc.

> Jonathan

Alexander

Serendipity 14:32:02 up 10 days, 21 users, load average: 0.79, 0.65,
0.47